So many resolutions, so little time!
When I was ten years old (or so), one of my siblings asked, “What’s a revolution?” I answered quickly, “A New Year’s Revolution!” There was much guffawing and the exchange has lived on in my family for a few decades. Of course, I was not quite right, but in the spirit of that innocent remark, I give you my (not too) revolutionary list to create the best year ever.
14 ways to make ’14 brilliant
- Leave a bit of thread in your needle.
- Sing. Even if you don’t think you can. Even if someone is around, because singing helps you …
- Breathe! Breathing brings us the most fundamental nourishment for our bodies (no breath, no life!)
- Laugh a lot and cry as needed.
- Connect with a friend every day.
- Take your shoes off at the door.
- Read or listen to the news BUT NOT just before you go to bed.
- Play Solitaire with a real deck of cards.
- Go outside and play.
- Smile at yourself in the mirror as much as possible.
- Unplug for at least 2 hours each day and especially when visiting, snuggling, or eating.
- Love more (yes, that means your Self too!).
- Raise your arms above your head and shake them wildly for at least 30 seconds each day.
- Do something that you really love to do: imperfect action trumps perfect inaction.
Ta dah! Easy breezy – what would you add?